Coleman is on the brink
Date published: 06 June 2016
JOEL Coleman is set to leave Athletic to make a move to the Championship with Huddersfield.
The promising goalkeeper, who came on strongly towards the end of the season under the watch of John Sheridan, has been closely watched by the Terriers this season.
And the Chronicle understands that a deal is close, after Athletic accepted an offer.
Coleman (20) has a year left to run on his deal, after the club invoked an option for a 12-month extension last month.
The Bolton-born goalkeeper has made 45 appearances in total for Athletic since making a debut as a substitute against MK Dons in March, 2015.
He has kept 17 clean sheets and is considered one of the club's brightest prospects.
His potential loss would mean Athletic are without a goalkeeper on the books, after David Cornell's release, with no goalkeeping coach for next term after Anthony White took up a position with Bournemouth.
Another highly promising shot-stopper to come through the ranks, Chris Renshaw (18), has been offered professional terms by Athletic.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Police appeal after man shot in back, legs and buttocks flees from hospital
- 2Oldham braced for its first blast of wintery weather
- 39-year old Oldham schoolboy scoops one of the top honours in primary schools challenge
- 4Gun and drugs found after reports man is beaten in Saddleworth
- 5Heywood man who stabbed a man in the head and bit the nose off another jailed