Mossley recall for Fish
Date published: 31 December 2008
MOSSLEY will have a new-look strikeforce for their New Year’s Day UniBond League division one north derby against Curzon Ashton at Seel Park (3pm).
Danny Dignan is away on his honeymoon so there will be a recall for Mike Fish who will partner Danny Egan.
“We are blessed to have Mike, who has scored 17 goals, waiting patiently for an opportunity to stake another claim for a regular place,” explained Lilywhites manager Chris Willcock.
Mossley have won their last four games, three of which have been in the league, as they lie eighth in the table.
They are only two points adrift of the play-off places and well placed to mount a push for promotion.
Willcock is pleased that his side has not lost its momentum having played only two matches in December, the second being a 1-0 Boxing Day win at Curzon Ashton.
He continued: “We have worked hard in training, but there is nothing like match practice.
“I was delighted with the win at Curzon and especially the clean sheet as we defended well, something we have been working hard on in training.”
Willcock believes the fixtures in January and early part of February will shape their season.
“We have some big games coming up and how we do in them will tell us where we are as a benchmark,” he explained.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Oldham legend Clint to step back from radio career after almost three decades
- 2Pedestrian suffers 'serious' injuries after being struck by tram in Oldham town centre
- 3Help for Failsworth families thanks to the Salvation Army Christmas Present Appeal
- 4Pair arrested after vehicle theft incident
- 5Cold and frosty for the foreseeable future