Semis settled on bowl-outs
Date published: 31 July 2009
BOWL-OUTS were needed to settle the semi-finals of the knock-out competitions in the Site Electrical North Manchester Cricket League.
Sunday’s dreadful weather put paid to the Hodson Cup semi-finals and the last-four games in the Stokes Cup.
In the Hodson Cup, Fothergill and Harvey 2nd beat Greenmount 3rd 4-3 in the bowl-out, while Saddleworth 3rd went down 2-0 to Prestwich 3rd.
Thornham 3rd went out of the Stokes Cup, beaten 2-0 , while Elton 3rd beat their own 2nd team 3-1.
In the league, first division Failsworth Macedonia made 163 all out against Ashton Ladysmith, who responded with 165 for five.
Springhead (114 all out) failed to overhaul Rochdale Catholic club (150).
Roytonians enjoyed a comfortable win over East Lancs PM 2nd in division two, making 223 and restricting their rivals to 102.
Third-division action saw Thornham 3rd (129 for eight) defeat Rochdale Catholic Club 2nd (101).
Greenfield 3rd hit 119 for five to beat Elton 3rd, who posted 116 all out.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Police appeal after man shot in back, legs and buttocks flees from hospital
- 2Oldham braced for its first blast of wintery weather
- 39-year old Oldham schoolboy scoops one of the top honours in primary schools challenge
- 4Gun and drugs found after reports man is beaten in Saddleworth
- 5Heywood man who stabbed a man in the head and bit the nose off another jailed