Nathan reinvents himself
Date published: 15 April 2011
FORMER Manchester City and Rochdale star Nathan D’Laryea has joined the new six-a-side league in Failsworth — as a referee.
The promising defender, who graduated from City’s academy alongside Michael Johnson, Stephen Ireland and Ishmael Miller, saw his career curtailed by a serious knee injury.
But he has now set his sights on reinventing himself as an official for Leisure Leagues, who launch two divisions at Failsworth Leisure Centre on Sunday, April 24.
Leisure Leagues manager David Perkins said: “We know that we are only as good as our referees, and in Nathan we have got an absolutely top drawer one.”
To join the action at Failsworth Leisure Centre visit www.leisureleagues.net or call 0845 230 2340.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Oldham trio remanded in custody over drug offences
- 2Man jailed for over two years after offering girls cash for sex
- 3New £35m development in Failsworth will create hundreds of jobs and homes
- 4Homeless-Friendly initiative hopes to aid those in need across Greater Manchester
- 5Paul Scholes accused of breaking football betting rules