Rochdale Online to provide website for new Oldham Chronicle
Date published: 19 January 2018
Oldham Evening Chronicle
Rochdale Online is to provide the platform for the new owners of one of the oldest newspapers in England to return the title to people’s computers, tablets and mobile phones.
Revolution 96.2, which purchased the 163-year-old Oldham Evening Chronicle in October 2017, has announced plans for the launch of the title online, which will see ‘The Chron’, which closed in August 2017, return.
Speaking ahead of the launch, Matt Ramsbottom, managing director of Revolution 96.2, said: “We are moving The Chron to an online platform to enable the newspaper to deliver the latest local news, instantly, to mobile devices and PCs.”
The technology behind the website will be provided by Rochdale Online, continuing a long partnership between the Chronicle and the Rochdale town centre-based news organisation.
Credible Media, owner of Revolution 96.2, is also to invest in Rochdale Online.
Pauline Journeaux, Rochdale Online managing director, said: "We are delighted the new owners of the the Oldham Chronicle are to continue our decade long association with the Oldham Chronicle and look forward to a mutually beneficial business partnership with our new investors."
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Hairy Biker Dave Myers encourages people in Oldham to have their eyes tested
- 2Universal Credit blamed as Oldham Foodbank may not be able to keep up with demand
- 3Another yellow weather warning for Oldham
- 4New Annie Kenney letter goes on display in Oldham
- 5HMRC urging people in Oldham to check if they can claim tax relief