Caring Darcey really is a cut above!
Reporter: Simon Smedley
Date published: 04 December 2018
Darcey shows off her shorn locks
Five-year-old Darcey Ogden had a staggering 11 inches chopped off her long, flowing locks of hair, all in aid of a very worthy cause indeed.
So far Darcey has raised £650 so far for the Little Princess Trust – a charity which supplies and funds high quality wigs made of real hair to children who have lost theirs as a result of cancer treatment or other illnesses.
Darcey’s mum Hayley told the Chronicle: “The idea first came about when I took Darcey for a haircut.
“My friend suggested doing it for charity, and after looking into it further I realised the Little Princess Trust specialise in wigs made for children all round the world.
“Darcey had her hair cut (above) at Lady be Lovely on Hollins Road in Oldham, by Madeleine.
“All of Darcey’s family are really proud of her.
“She is such a happy cheeky little girl with a big heart!
“We’re also overwhelmed with the generosity of the people who have donated.
“We’d like to thank everyone.”
Darcey lives at home in Chadderton with mum Hayley and dad Michael.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Manhunt after 79-year-old suffers serious head injuries in 'shocking' Hollinwood car theft
- 2Met Office warning as cold weather is about to bite
- 3Twelve 'selfish' residents prosecuted for blighting our Borough
- 4Witnesses sought after 'coward' leaves Beryl with serious injuries
- 5'Perverted individual' from Oldham caged for two years after having sex with a 13-year-old