Oldham clubbers urged to ‘Give a Kid a Quid’ this Christmas
Date published: 05 December 2018
Oldham club Liquid. Picture courtesy of Google Street View
Love Island star Chris Hughes is among those backing a Christmas children’s charity drive by Oldham club Liquid, which is asking clubbers to ‘Give a Kid a Quid’.
Festive revellers at the Retiro Street venue are being invited to donate spare change to the Echo Trust to benefit local children’s charities.
The Echo Trust was set up in 2002 by the Deltic Group, the UK’s largest operator of premium late-night bars and clubs.
Since then it has raised more than £2.5 million and supported causes ranging from children’s charities to children’s hospitals.
Liquid general manager Terry Bruce said: “Christmas is a time for giving and we’re sure our customers will respond generously to our appeal.
"‘Give a Kid a Quid’ is a simple way to raise a lot of money that will transform the lives of local young people in our community.”
The appeal is on now and runs until New Year’s Eve.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Manhunt after 79-year-old suffers serious head injuries in 'shocking' Hollinwood car theft
- 2Met Office warning as cold weather is about to bite
- 3Twelve 'selfish' residents prosecuted for blighting our Borough
- 4Witnesses sought after 'coward' leaves Beryl with serious injuries
- 5'Perverted individual' from Oldham caged for two years after having sex with a 13-year-old