Massive outage at O2 affects users in Oldham
Date published: 06 December 2018
Services across the UK are affected
The company are investigating with "high priority" after its data services went down, with tens of millions of users potentially affected.
The problem is also affecting customers of Sky Mobile, Tesco Mobile, Lyca Mobile and GiffGaff - which all use O2's infrastructure.
O2 have tweeted "Our teams are working closely with one of our 3rd party suppliers who has identified an issue in their system which has impacted mobile services globally. This is our top priority and we are really sorry."
Customers are currently unable to access 3G or 4G services, which means text messages, internet access, picture messages and some apps are unavailable.
O2 insist that regular voice calls are not affected, though customers have complained of a lack of service on social media.
It's understood around 32 million customers have been affected across the UK and Europe.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Manhunt after 79-year-old suffers serious head injuries in 'shocking' Hollinwood car theft
- 2Met Office warning as cold weather is about to bite
- 3Twelve 'selfish' residents prosecuted for blighting our Borough
- 4Witnesses sought after 'coward' leaves Beryl with serious injuries
- 5'Perverted individual' from Oldham caged for two years after having sex with a 13-year-old