Woman charged with causing death by dangerous driving
Date published: 09 January 2019
Picture courtesy of Google Street View
A woman has been charged after a fatal collision in Rochdale.
Sobia Aftar, aged 33, of Taylor Street, Rochdale has been charged with causing death by dangerous driving and is appearing at Manchester and Salford Magistrates’ Court this morning (Wednesday).
Shortly after 3.30pm on Monday, October 1, 2018, police were called to reports of a serious collision between a red Range Rover and a pedestrian on Taylor Street.
The pedestrian – 11-year-old Marianne Haboc – was sadly pronounced dead at the scene, despite the best efforts of the emergency services.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing email@example.com , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Oldham doctor shares his experience of life working on the NHS frontline during COVID-19
- 2Roadside danger angers Dovestone locals
- 3Tributes paid to ex-Oldham councillor Angie, who has died aged 61
- 4OSFC’s Aspiring Medics Programme enjoys record number of university offers
- 5The sound of music WILL ring around Saddleworth on Whit Friday