22 people prosecuted in one day after fly-tipping in Oldham
Date published: 15 May 2019
The 22 people prosecuted were fined more than £18,000
Magistrates have told irresponsible residents who thought it was ok to let others clean up their waste to pay £18,209 in fines and costs.
The 22 all appeared at Tameside Magistrates Court on 1st May.
Watch this video to see some of the individuals we successfully prosecuted
Councillor Arooj Shah, Deputy Leader of Oldham Council and Cabinet Member for Neighbourhood Services, said: “These successful prosecutions are down to the hard work and dedication of our Environmental Enforcement officers who had to sift through waste searching for evidence linking it to the individuals.
“Unfortunately, they have to do that job daily because a small minority of people continue to think it is ok to let others clean up after them.
“We will continue to name and shame people who blight the borough.”
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing email@example.com , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Manhunt after stabbing outside a house in Oldham
- 2Dog tied to gates of rescue centre during the night needs loving new home
- 3Professor who lived on same street as famous scientist Brian Cox, launches his own book
- 4Plans to increase Council Tax in Oldham to be discussed tonight
- 5Blue Coat School scores record number of Oxbridge places this year