Man charged with murder after fight outside Oldham pub.
Date published: 13 September 2019
Tameside Magistrates Court
A man has been charged with murder after a large fight outside a pub in Failsworth.
19 year old Sean Mhango, of no fixed address, has been charged with the murder of 24-year-old Joe O'Brien from Blackley.
Police were called to Oldham Road on Sunday 21 April, after reports a man had been stabbed. Joe O'Brien sadly died from his injuries.
Mhango will appear before Tameside Magistrates Court this morning (Friday 13th September). He has also been charged with section 18 assault, possession of a bladed article and violent disorder.
The charge relates to a fight which police were called to on Oldham Road at around 3am on Sunday 21 April 2019.
Another man, who was 21 at the time of the incident, was also stabbed.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Oldham doctor shares his experience of life working on the NHS frontline during COVID-19
- 2Roadside danger angers Dovestone locals
- 3Tributes paid to ex-Oldham councillor Angie, who has died aged 61
- 4OSFC’s Aspiring Medics Programme enjoys record number of university offers
- 5The sound of music WILL ring around Saddleworth on Whit Friday