Strictly success for Oldham's Kelvin Fletcher
Date published: 07 October 2019
Oldham-born Kelvin Fletcher has been rewarded the first 10s in week three of Strictly Come Dancing 2019.
The 35- year old has admitted, despite his success on the show so far, he is struggling with adapting to time without his young family.
Saturday (5th October) saw the ex-Emmerdale actor achieve the highest score of the 2019 series, after being up against co-stars including Anneka Rice, Saffron Barker and Alex Scott.
Movie Week saw Kelvin and Oti Mabuse take to the stage to perform 'Trip A Little Light Fantastic' from the 2018 film Mary Poppins Returns for movie week.
Bruno Tonioli compared Kelvin's moves to something as good as he has seen on the West End stage.
Anneka Rice and Kevin Clifton were the second couple to leave the dance competition after scoring 11 points and being placed at the bottom of the leader board.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing email@example.com , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Oldham fish and chip restaurant rated one of the best in the region
- 2Interserve wins £13m contract to create a ‘cultural gateway’ for Oldham with new Heritage & Arts...
- 3Oldham woman jailed for 2 years for benefit fraud.
- 4Oldham students travel to Rome to witness patron of school become a Saint
- 5Oldham Councillor deselected for 2nd time