Four officers assaulted when dealing with disturbance in Oldham
Date published: 09 October 2019
Shortly after 10.20pm on Friday (4th October), police were called to reports of a disturbance on Yorkshire Street.
Four responding officers were assaulted as they dealt with the incident.
They were taken to hospital with minor injuries.
Two men aged 24 and 32 were arrested on suspicion of police assault and a 33-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of obstruction of a police officer.
The men were released under investigation pending further enquiries.
Police are appealing for witnesses and urging anyone who has footage of the incident to get in touch.
Anyone with any information about what happened should contact police on 0161 856 8263 quoting incident number 3322 of 04/10/2019.
Information can be passed on anonymously by calling the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Oldham fish and chip restaurant rated one of the best in the region
- 2Interserve wins £13m contract to create a ‘cultural gateway’ for Oldham with new Heritage & Arts...
- 3Oldham woman jailed for 2 years for benefit fraud.
- 4Oldham students travel to Rome to witness patron of school become a Saint
- 5Oldham Councillor deselected for 2nd time