Dog mess stops play
Reporter: Ken Bennett
Date published: 09 March 2020
Churchill playing fields in Greenfield
Management of a Saddleworth football team have appealed to dog owners whose pets are stopping weekend games.
An Uppermill FC official has taken to social media to highlight the problem at Churchill playing fields in Greenfield.
“Each weekend I'm having to walk our pitches to check for dog excrement as the referees are stopping matches when it's found,“ said the spokesperson.
“I'm having to remove more and more from the pitches, with this Saturday10 separate lots of excrement all over the first pitch. Our third pitch wasn't in use on Saturday.
“I have adults and children playing on these pitches most weekends.
"Can you imagine having someone fall into this during a match, child or adult. It's disgusting and detrimental to health.
“Please can the dog walkers who walk across the pitches remove this when they see their dogs doing it.
"There's no excuse for it.
“There are bins on the edges of the pitches so you don't even have to carry it far.”
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing email@example.com , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1NHS staff at the Royal Oldham Hospital hit with parking fines from private company
- 2The latest Covid infection hotspots in Oldham
- 3‘All I needed was a chance’: The former ‘speed’ addict who used lockdown to turn her life around
- 4Plans revealed for how new Oldham town centre school will look
- 5Oldham-based Romanian crime gang jailed following series of high value thefts