Teenager hospitalised after car overturns down Denshaw embankment
Reporter: Ken Bennett
Date published: 18 May 2020
The scene on Huddersfield Road in Denshaw viewed from a distance
There was drama on the moors above Oldham last night (Sunday) at around 7pm when police were called to a report of a collision on Huddersfield Road in Denshaw involving a black vehicle that had overturned down an embankment.
A 17-year-old female was taken to hospital with serious injuries.
No arrests have been made and enquiries are ongoing.
Huddersfield Road was closed for several hours while officers carried out further investigations, but it has since been reopened.
Anyone with any information should contact police on 0161 856 8866, quoting incident number 2301 of 17/05/2020.
Details can also be passed anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing email@example.com , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Oldham McDonald's had to shut due to huge queues yesterday
- 2Property on Windsor Road shot at in targeted incident
- 3Dovestone: 'no-go area' needs urgent funding
- 4WATCH: Police release CCTV footage after man was injured during terrifying armed burglary
- 5WATCH the footage: Witnesses sought following 'frightening' armed robbery