Oldham McDonald's had to shut due to huge queues yesterday
Date published: 04 June 2020
Yesterday's queue courtesy of Paul Lord
The McDonald's at Elk Mill Retail Park in Oldham had to be shut yesterday because of the sheer number of people queuing up to get their fast food fix.
It had opened for the first time in two months along with 16 other branches across Greater Manchester with strict social distancing measures in place to ensure the safety of staff and customers.
A McDonald’s spokesperson said: “With restaurant teams adjusting to new procedures to enable safe working and social distancing, things may take a little longer in our newly opened restaurants, and demand has already been very high.
"We have been working closely with local authorities and the police and made a decision to temporarily close our Drive Thru lane at Elk Mill Retail Park yesterday afternoon.
"The restaurant re-opened shortly after and will be open again today.
"We would like to thank our customers for their continued patience and support.”
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in Tameside, Oldham or Rochdale? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , calling us on 0161 621 6515 , tweeting us @rev962 or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1More than 1,200 laptops distributed to disadvantaged pupils in Oldham
- 2Overjoyed parish councillor is bowled over by village cricket u-turn
- 3Help our NHS COVID-19 heroes by acting responsibly and only go to A&E in a genuine emergency
- 4Oldham is NOT on the verge of a local lockdown
- 5Holly and Olivia's epic ‘Everest’ climb is all for the love of a treasured friend