Paul Scholes' wife 'has left their marital home' - reports
Date published: 13 July 2020
Former Latics manager Paul Scholes' wife has allegedly left their marital home amid claims their marriage is in crisis.
According to reports in the national press, the former Manchester United and England playing star, aged 45, and his wife are 'devastated' by the separation after more than 20 years of marriage.
Scholes and his wife Claire met when they were aged 18 at his local pub in 1993, before wedding six years later.
The Salford City FC co-owner, who managed Latics for just over a month in early 2019, and Claire have raised three children at their home in Saddleworth, which they bought in 1998.
Scholes enjoyed a successful playing career with United, winning 11 Premier League titles and 25 trophies in total, as well as two UEFA Champions League titles.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing email@example.com , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Revealed: which areas of Oldham have the highest coronavirus cases
- 2Oldham's Covid-19 infection rates continue to rise
- 3Suspected loan sharks arrested in Oldham raids
- 4Council leader backs plans for £150m investment in Royton energy recovery facility
- 5Borough sees another 127 Covid-19 cases in a week