Pair arrested after man is stabbed and left with serious injuries
Date published: 14 September 2020
Police were called by paramedics to an address off Greenacres Road just after 10pm last night
Two men have been arrested after a man was left in a serious condition in hospital after a stabbing incident in Oldham.
Police were called by paramedics to an address off Greenacres Road at around 10.10pm last night (Sunday).
A man was taken to hospital with serious injuries, where he remains in a serious but stable condition.
Police have arrested two men aged 36 and 50 on suspicion of section 18 assault, and wounding with intent.
They remain in custody for questioning.
A GMP spokesperson said: "Police were called by NWAS at around 10.10pm on Sunday 13 September to reports of a man being stabbed at an address just of Greenacres Road in Oldham.
"The man was taken to hospital with serious injuries and remains there in a serious but stable condition.
"Two men, aged 36 and 50, have been arrested."
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing email@example.com , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Council responds to concerns popular park could become ‘no go’ area following ‘disturbing’
- 2Oldham man among three charged following cocaine conspiracy investigation raids
- 3GP tells Oldham's men - “don’t wait, let’s check out that prostate”
- 4Caged - 'Pernicious' Oldham man who sexually communicated with two teenage boys
- 5Man arrested in Manchester hotel after over 25,000 phishing messages sent in one day