Broken tram causes chaos on Metrolink network
Date published: 03 March 2021
The tram broke down on Balloon Street in the city centre
A broken down tram outside Victoria Station in the city centre has caused delays and changes across the network.
Various changed have been implemented on the Rochdale, East Didsbury and Bury lines.
Service are running as normal from Rochdale to Monsall in both directions, but there are changes to services heading both towards and away from the city centre.
Passengers in the city centre who are travelling towards Oldham have been advised to use bus services to access the Metrolink network outside Manchester.
Passengers from Oldham travelling towards the city centre are advised to alight at Central Park, and use bus services to complete their journey into Manchster.
Metrolink tickets are being accepted on the bus services listed here: https://tfgm.com/metrolink-disruption/victoria
It's understood the tram malfunctioned around 8:30 this morning on Balloon Street, on the approach to Victoria Station.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing email@example.com , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Plans for 160 homes to be decided by councillors
- 2‘All I needed was a chance’: The former ‘speed’ addict who used lockdown to turn her life around
- 3Dogs Trust’s longest term resident hopes to find love as lockdown lifts
- 4Man who fled after crashing his car into a wall is jailed
- 5NHS staff at the Royal Oldham Hospital hit with parking fines from private company