Deputy Leader: "Say yes to the jab"
Date published: 04 March 2021
Oldham Council Deputy Leader, Cllr Abdul Jabbar MBE
Oldham Council's Deputy Leader has appealed to Oldhamers to get vaccinated when they are called up for the Covid jab.
In a video posted on Twitter, Cllr Abdul Jabbar MBE talked about his experience at the Royal Oldham Hospital last week.
He told viewers: "It was painless. I had little reaction to the vaccine - similar to the flu vaccine that I have annually.
"I want to personally thank all the staff at the Royal Oldham Hospital and everyone else involved in the rollout of the vaccination programme.
The number of people who have recevied the first dose of a vaccine in Oldham stands at 68,861.
The government is currently vaccinating all those aged 50-69, and aged 16-64 with underlying health conditions.
Cllr Jabbar concluded: "The vaccine has given me and my family the best form of protection from the Coronavirus and when it's your turn, the vaccine will protect your loved ones too.
"When you're contacted for an appointment - say yes to the jab and play your part in our return to normality."
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing email@example.com , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Plans for 160 homes to be decided by councillors
- 2‘All I needed was a chance’: The former ‘speed’ addict who used lockdown to turn her life around
- 3Dogs Trust’s longest term resident hopes to find love as lockdown lifts
- 4Man who fled after crashing his car into a wall is jailed
- 5NHS staff at the Royal Oldham Hospital hit with parking fines from private company