Oldham woman hospitalised after stabbing incident
Date published: 17 May 2021
Police were called yesterday morning after a 40-year-old woman was found with stab wounds
A woman was hospitalised after a 'domestic' stabbing attack at a house on Clyde Street in Oldham.
Police were called yesterday morning (Sunday) after a 40-year-old woman was found with stab wounds.
She went into hospital and was in a serious but non life-threatening condition, police said.
A GMP spokesperson said: "Police were called shortly after 8.40am by NWAS on Sunday 16 May to a report of an earlier domestic stabbing at an address on Clyde Street, Oldham.
"A 40-year-old woman has been taken to hospital with serious but non-life-threatening stab wounds.
"No arrests have been made and an investigation is underway, with two scenes in place in the vicinity of the incident."
Officers were reportedly confident that this was a targeted attack, and the victim was known to the attacker.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing email@example.com , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1There's no mountain high enough for Oldham family fundraising after dad’s brain tumour diagnosis
- 2Councillor fears Alexandra Park could become a 'no-go area'
- 3Courageous Imran says thanks to his hero rescuers with a tasty curry
- 4Teenager fined and disqualified from driving
- 5Charlie Elms death - do you recognise this man?