UPDATED: Man jailed for 21 weeks after car was stolen from Chadderton
Date published: 11 June 2021
Officers from the Chadderton neighbourhood team located a vehicle which had been stolen from north Chadderton
A 34-year-old man was sentenced to 21 weeks in jail after being charged with three offences after a stolen car was discovered in Chadderton last week.
Initially, officers from the Chadderton neighbourhood team located a stolen vehicle, which had been stolen without keys on June 2, from north Chadderton.
At that time a male was arrested on suspicion of theft of a motor vehicle and possession of an offensive weapon.
The vehicle was returned to the owner.
Updates on the GMP Chadderton Facebook page read: "Kamran Ali (aged 34), of no fixed abode, has been charged with handling stolen goods, theft from a motor vehicle and failing to comply with a court order.
"He has now been sentenced to 21 weeks in prison."
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing email@example.com , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Plans for nearly 100 affordable homes on the site of a former arson-plagued mill in Oldham approved
- 2Oldham bosses warn ‘we can’t afford to blow it’ as cases of Covid-19 increase
- 3Top ten Covid-19 hotspots in Greater Manchester revealed
- 4Middleton’s name could be ‘wiped off the parliamentary map’ under new boundary proposals
- 5UPDATED: Man jailed for 21 weeks after car was stolen from Chadderton