Man charged with 24 child sex offences
Date published: 09 June 2021
Harmer was charged by officers from Tameside Complex Safeguarding Team
A man from Stalybridge has today (Wednesday) been charged with 24 child sex offences.
Marc Harmer (aged 54), of Ridge Hill Lane, has been charged with the following offences:
Possession of an indecent image of a child.
Attempting to arrange/facilitate a child sexual offence.
Two counts of sexual communication with a child
Sixteen counts of attempted sexual communication with a child.
Four counts of attempting to arrange/facilitate a commission of a child sexual offence.
Harmer was charged by officers from Tameside Complex Safeguarding Team and has been released on bail with the condition that he is not to have contact with anyone under the age of 16.
Harmer's first appearance at court will be on July 8, 2021.
Anyone affected by this case can contact Greater Manchester Police on 101, or alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Plans for nearly 100 affordable homes on the site of a former arson-plagued mill in Oldham approved
- 2Oldham bosses warn ‘we can’t afford to blow it’ as cases of Covid-19 increase
- 3Top ten Covid-19 hotspots in Greater Manchester revealed
- 4Middleton’s name could be ‘wiped off the parliamentary map’ under new boundary proposals
- 5UPDATED: Man jailed for 21 weeks after car was stolen from Chadderton