Boy sustains 'major-trauma related injuries' after being hit by a car in Royton
Date published: 20 July 2021
Emergency services were called to the scene in Royton at around 4pm yesterday (Monday)
An 11-year-old boy sustained ‘major-trauma related injuries’ after being struck by a car in Royton yesterday afternoon (Monday).
Emergency services were called to the scene in on Shaw Road in Royton at around 4pm.
Several road closures were in place and members of the public were advised to avoid the area.
A statement from the North West Ambulance Service said: “We took an 11-year-old boy to hospital, with major-trauma related injuries.
“He was hit by a car.
“An air ambulance was also on the scene, although he went to hospital by road.”
Greater Manchester Police have made no arrests.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Farm shop staff 'intimidated' by travellers parked illegally on their land
- 2Angry residents seek action on late night fireworks and anti-social behaviour
- 3Free skips rolled out across Middleton estate in bid to cut down on fly-tipping
- 4Oldham MP salutes 'good news' as Latics reveal agreement which means re-opening of North Stand
- 5Popular brewery to open tap room in new premises