Image released after man hits child on-board train
Date published: 30 July 2021
If you recognise this man, or have any information, please contact British Transport Police by texting 61016 or calling 0800 40 50 40 quoting reference 577 of 21/07/21
British Transport Police officers investigating an incident on-board a service travelling from Manchester Airport to Blackpool North have released this image in connection.
At just after 7.30pm on Wednesday, July 21, a man seated within the train’s carriage was seen to hit a child three to four times on the head.
When challenged by the train conductor, he said “I can do what I want, he’s my son.”
Officers believe the man in the image may have information which could help their investigation.
If you recognise him, or have any information, please contact BTP by texting 61016 or calling 0800 40 50 40 quoting reference 577 of 21/07/21.
Alternatively, you can call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing email@example.com , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Tributes flood in after death of Oldham legend Wayne Bentley
- 2Kevin Flanagan dies, aged 74
- 3Latics sink to new low following seven-goal thumping at Brentford
- 4Oldham GP says Government Covid booster plan is "tactless"
- 5Avro stadium denied permission to create a ‘VIP bar’ and serve late night refreshment to visitors