Former doctor charged with death at Royal Oldham Hospital
Date published: 27 November 2021
Royal Oldham Hospital
A former doctor has been charged with manslaughter over the death of a patient at the Royal Oldham Hospital.
Isyaka Mamman from Royton was charged following the death of Shahida Parveen, 48, who underwent a medical procedure at the hospital in September 2018.
Greater Manchester Police said it was asked to investigate "due to the circumstances of the procedure".
The charge was authorised by the Crown Prosecution Service’s Special Crime Division, one of the CPS’s Central Casework Divisions, which has a national remit and deals with some of the most complex and sensitive cases.
Mr Mamman is due to appear at Tameside Magistrates Court on Thursday 30 December.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing email@example.com , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Daughter Of former Oldham Welder appeals for help following his death from asbestos cancer
- 2Leaked Child Sexual Exploitation report says 12-year-old girl's rape case was 'covered up'
- 3More bus strikes confirmed for next week
- 4Rayner calls for Johnson to resign after No 10 apologises to Buckingham Palace over parties on eve...
- 5Murder investigation launched following the disappearance of a man from Failsworth