Renewed appeal for information following Oldham stabbing
Date published: 17 June 2022
Blanche Walk, off Egerton Street
Police investigating a stabbing in Oldham on Wednesday are again appealing for information.
Officers received a report of a stabbing at a property on Blanche Walk, just of Egerton Street in St Mary's.
Emergency services and the north west air ambulance attended and a 50-year-old woman was taken to hospital. Her injuries are not believed to be life threatening.
The offender is believed to be a mixed race male, approximately 5ft 10in tall and of an average build.
At the time of the incident, it's believed he was wearing a cap, sunglasses, black bubble coat, black tracksuit bottoms, black trainers.
PC Ebony Millington, of GMP’s Oldham CID, says: “As our investigation is ongoing, we wish the victim a prompt recovery.
“Whilst we are carrying out our own enquiries, I’d also ask anyone with information, including any dashcam or CCTV from the surrounding streets, to contact us or Crimestoppers immediately.
"We do not believe that this was a random attack nor that there is any threat or risk of harm to the wider community."
If you have any information, you can call 0161 856 8999 quoting 1868 15/06/22.
Information can also be shared anonymously via the independent charity – Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Purchase of Latics AND Boundary Park agreed
- 2Oldham man jailed after admitting killing Tamby Dowling
- 3Latics fans rejoice at news of impending takeover
- 4Oldham CSE Investigation: McMahon concerned about the 'undermining' of the report
- 5Middleton’s oldest surviving mill to be restored and converted into apartments with new commercial...