Jaimi wants everyone to dress up silly and dance!
Date published: 29 November 2018
Eight-year-old Jaimi Barnes
Dr Kershaw’s Hospice has launched a Facebook campaign after receiving a fantastic fundraising idea from eight-year-old Jaimi Barnes.
She sent a letter, along with a 'diagram' of her vision for fundraiser, reading: “People get together and dress up silly, come up with a dance routine and perform it."
The Hospice responded on Facebook, pledging that if the post receives 500 likes they will help Jaimi’s dream come true.
Events manager, Vicky Stackhouse, said: “It was so heart-warming to receive such a letter from young Jaimi.
"We absolutely love the idea, so fingers crossed we get the 500 likes and we can all dress up silly and dance for Dr Kershaw’s!”
With the post already on 250 likes, can you help Jaimi’s fundraising event happen?
Click on the Facebook link here
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing email@example.com , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Boy arrested in connection with Chadderton carjacking
- 2Manhunt after 79-year-old suffers serious head injuries in 'shocking' Hollinwood car theft
- 3Twelve 'selfish' residents prosecuted for blighting our Borough
- 4Met Office warning as cold weather is about to bite
- 5Witnesses sought after 'coward' leaves Beryl with serious injuries