The end of an era at St Hilda's as head Gill prepares for retirement
Date published: 04 December 2018
Mrs Pursey is pictured with St Hildas' junior management team and eco council
Mrs Gillian Pursey is retiring as headteacher of St Hilda’s CE Primary School in December, having served the school for over 35 years.
Gill has spent her entire teaching career at St Hilda’s on Tilbury Street, joining the school as a newly-qualified teacher in 1983, becoming deputy head in 1996 and being appointed headteacher in 2005.
Gill has shown immense dedication to the school and has been unswerving in her commitment to every child.
She has been a passionate advocate of the role of the school in serving the families within the local community.
Gill will be greatly missed at St Hilda’s and all the school community wish her a long and happy retirement.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing email@example.com , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rejected contentious 77-house plan in Oldham returns to committee
- 2Superfast broadband will come to Oldham
- 3Students at Oasis Academy Oldham go on to a 'very exciting future'
- 4Blue Coat head salutes hard work and commitment on GCSE results day
- 517 year old girl from Oldham dies of suspected drugs overdose at Leeds Festival