Walk for the Rainbow Trust
Reporter: Ken Bennett
Date published: 18 November 2019
Walkers raising money for Rainbow Trust
Twenty-five dedicated people, members of Rotary Oldham Metro with family and friends, walked from Greenfield to Diggle and back along the Huddersfield Canal in aid of the Rainbow Trust, a charity for very sick and terminal ill children and their families.
Currently they have raised more £600 and the proceeds from their Carol Concert on December 7 at St James Church Derker will add a further boost.
The organiser Rotarian Frank Bolger said” My thanks go to the Rotary Club of Oldham Metro and their families and friends who did the full 6.5Kms and raised so much in sponsorship for a great cause and all the proceeds will help families in the Oldham borough ”
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Plans to increase Council Tax in Oldham to be discussed tonight
- 2Oldham's Ofsted results showing concern for primary pupils
- 3Blue Coat School scores record number of Oxbridge places this year
- 4Manhunt after stabbing outside a house in Oldham
- 5Dog tied to gates of rescue centre during the night needs loving new home