Thank you, people of Oldham
Date published: 29 May 2018
As a Marie Curie Community Fundraiser in the Oldham area, I would like to express my gratitude for the fantastic support and fundraising efforts of your readers.
The money people raise is vital in helping the charity care for people living with a terminal illness.
But with the population getting older there are even more people living longer with a terminal illness who will need support in the coming years.
Therefore, I would like to ask readers to consider hosting a Blooming Great Tea Party in June for Marie Curie.
It’s an easy and fun way to get together with friends, family or colleagues and raise money for a great cause.
All people need to do is throw a tea party or bake sale and ask for donations in return.
By hosting a Blooming Great Tea Party this summer, you will be helping ensure that people in Oldham get the support they need, when they need it most.
If your readers are interested in finding out more, they can visit mariecurie.org.uk/teaparty or call 0800 716 146 for a free fundraising pack.
We’re counting on your cuppa!
Marie Curie Community Fundraiser, Oldham Area
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Oldham Chronicle.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Another yellow weather warning for Oldham
- 2First week of Oldham’s newest secondary school hailed a “great success”
- 3The quirky Oldham race selling out quickly - and no-one knows why
- 4Tributes paid to PCs Nicola Hughes and Fiona Bone six years after their murders
- 5Cop killer Dale Cregan reported to be begging friends for cash behind bars