We will remember them
Date published: 05 November 2018
This is a very special week for remembering our armed services and those men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice.
Next Sunday it is 100 years since the ending of the First World War, the war that was to end all wars.
Since then we have seen WW2 and many other conflicts.
Far from wars ending, the world is becoming more dangerous by the hour.
And yet, when the country needs a call to arms, our armed services are ready to stand up to protect our freedoms showing immense courage through their contribution.
We will remember them.
Broadcaster and commentator
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Oldham Chronicle.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Families move into new FCHO affordable housing development in Royton
- 2Oldham sees highest daily new cases since start of pandemic
- 3Hospice makes Donna and Mark's wedding dreams come true
- 4Council leader makes planning campaign vow after 5G mast concerns
- 5Calls for ‘targeted’ curfews at venues in high infection areas