Oldhamers urged to give something back
Date published: 22 November 2018
It is impossible to ignore that Christmas is fast approaching; from fairy lights to decorations, the hallmarks of the festive period are all around us.
But after this week’s Black Friday sales, #GivingTuesday next week (November 27) is a day to do little things that can make a big difference to others in Oldham.
Whether you donate money to charity, volunteer in your community, or donate unwanted clothes to a charity shop everyone can give something back.
Even the smallest gesture could make a big difference to somebody’s Christmas, so after Black Friday this is a great chance to join the 2,500 plus charities and companies and millions of people across the country doing good stuff this #GivingTuesday.
There are loads of ideas at: givingtuesday.org.uk.
Director of Communications
Charities Aid Foundation
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Oldham Chronicle.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Free skips rolled out across Middleton estate in bid to cut down on fly-tipping
- 2Angry residents seek action on late night fireworks and anti-social behaviour
- 3Popular brewery to open tap room in new premises
- 4Oldham MP salutes 'good news' as Latics reveal agreement which means re-opening of North Stand
- 5Developer reveals plans for hundreds of homes on controversial greenfield site