Remember your local Mind shop on Giving Tuesday
Date published: 26 November 2018
Our shops rely on the generosity of the community, which is why for this year’s Giving Tuesday (tomorrow) and in the lead up to Christmas, we are asking local residents to give what they can to their local Mind shop.
I am calling on readers to donate their previously loved items such as; winter coats, jumpers, hats, and scarfs.
New books are welcome too and will make great Christmas gifts.
The average bag of items donated to Mind’s shops is worth around £30. £30 that will help to fund the charity’s vital work, such as our confidential Infoline, which provides information and advice, and the campaigning work we do to secure a better deal for the one in four of us who experience a mental health problem every year.
For some people with mental health problems the Christmas period can be a particularly difficult time.
I urge readers to donate what they no longer need so we can be there for people, not only throughout the festive season, but whenever they need us most.
With your support, we can help secure a better life for everyone experiencing a mental health problem.
Thank you in advance for your support.
Director of Mind Retail
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Oldham Chronicle.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Free skips rolled out across Middleton estate in bid to cut down on fly-tipping
- 2Angry residents seek action on late night fireworks and anti-social behaviour
- 3Popular brewery to open tap room in new premises
- 4Oldham MP salutes 'good news' as Latics reveal agreement which means re-opening of North Stand
- 5Developer reveals plans for hundreds of homes on controversial greenfield site