Focus Trust's double boost
Date published: 19 July 2018
Roundthorn Primary School Executive Principal Lisa Needham with some of her happy pupils
Roundthorn and Coppice Primary Academies (part of Focus Trust), have been awarded “Communication Friendly Status” for both Early Years and Primary.
Mrs Lisa Needham, Executive Principal, said: ”The staff who have led on the achievement of this award have devoted lots of time and effort in ensuring that all the rest of the staff are trained.
"This specialised knowledge will support children’s communication and enhance their language development.”
This is the first time that any school in Oldham has achieved the award for both the Early Years and Primary phases.
The benefits have already been demonstrated by the fantastic SATS results and assessment levels at both academies, and they will continue to be a top priority.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Blue Coat head salutes hard work and commitment on GCSE results day
- 2Students at Oasis Academy Oldham go on to a 'very exciting future'
- 3Flooding scheme to protect a hundred homes in Oldham approved
- 4Rejected contentious 77-house plan in Oldham returns to committee
- 5Superfast broadband will come to Oldham