Caring Vicky aims to do more
Date published: 07 September 2009
PRIDE nominee Vicky Ash outside the beauty salon
BEAUTY therapist Vicky Ash suffers from Lupus – but she still finds time for others.
And as a result Vicky (45), who has run Christoria Beauty Salon in King Street, Delph, has been nominated for a Pride in Oldham award.
Vicky, who has lived in Delph for 20 years, has been recognised for her commitment to her job and family.
Lupus is an auto-immune disease that can be highly debilitating.
The mother of three also has a 10-year-old daughter, who is autistic.
Vicky runs keep fit classes at the Knarr Mill, Delph, and has set up a “fit for life” group for people suffering from depression, which she runs from the King Street building.
She is now hoping to open another group, “Unique”, for parents of children with special needs.
On her Pride nomination, she said: “I’m quite amazed. It’s very kind of someone to nominate me. I hope to do more and would love to open the Unique group.”
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Oldham pray for goals ahead of Stevenage visit
- 2Grass-topped ‘earth houses’ could be built in Saddleworth
- 3Man jailed for child sex offences after chatting online to adults he thought were children
- 4Three men arrested after 13kg of drugs seized in early morning raids
- 5Join the 'Big Oldham Conversation'