Rob Hunt departs Oldham Athletic
Reporter: Jon Chubb
Date published: 21 June 2019
Athletic defender Rob Hunt. Picture courtesy of Oldham Athletic/Eddie Garvey
Oldham Athletic have confirmed they’ve released defender Rob Hunt from his contract with immediate effect.
The 23-year old had been out of favour at Boundary Park last season but did still have a year left on his contract.
However, an agreement has been reached between the player and the club to allow him to leave and start looking for a new side ahead of the start of pre-season training in a few days’ time.
Hunt initially joined Latics from Brighton and Hove Albion in January 2017 on loan before he made the move permanent at the end of the 2016/2017 season.
The 23-year old made a total of 90 appearances for the club, scoring twice including a crucial leveller at Hampton and Richmond Borough in the FA Cup last season.
In a statement on their website Oldham Athletic have said: “The club would like to thank Rob for his service and wish him all the best for the future.”
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Three arrested after man stabbed to death in Oldham
- 2Arrests made in Oldham after series of armed robberies
- 3Stabbing victim was previously jailed for torture of 16 year-old boy.
- 4Four masked men rob garden centre and attack worker in Failsworth
- 5Rochdale's Classic Car Show returns to mark 60th anniversary of famous Rochdale Olympic Sports Car