14-try Oldham sink West Wales Raiders
Date published: 29 April 2019
Back in action for the first time since he finished a ninth-month RFL ban, Danny Bridge helped Oldham to a 72-8 win at West Wales Raiders.
The big second-row man (26) scored one of Oldham's 14 tries and laid on three others for centre Jack Holmes (2) and winger Harry Maders.
"It was good to be back," said Bridge, who played the full 80 minutes and looked as though he had never been away as Oldham look ahead now to next Sunday's home clash with Whitehaven in the new 1895 Cup.
Said coach Scott Naylor: "It was nice to see Bridge and Danny Langtree on the field together for the first time since last summer."
Langtree, Bridge's second-row partner, played his 150th Oldham game against the Welshmen, but only his second since returning to the club from a stint with Super League outfit Hull FC.
Liam Bent, Maders, Zack McComb, Ritchie Hawkyard and Jack Holmes each scored two and there were others by Bridge, Langtree, Paul Crook and Titus Gwaze, with Crook landing eight goals.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Manhunt after stabbing outside a house in Oldham
- 2Dog tied to gates of rescue centre during the night needs loving new home
- 3Professor who lived on same street as famous scientist Brian Cox, launches his own book
- 4Plans to increase Council Tax in Oldham to be discussed tonight
- 5Blue Coat School scores record number of Oxbridge places this year