Watch the Roughyeds' promotion game again - and raise money for the club
Date published: 07 May 2020
Heroic Oldham secured a thrilling 18-14 win against strongly-fancied Newcastle Thunder
Oldham RL fans can watch last October's Promotion Final again while raising vital revenue for the club.
The thrilling 18-14 win against strongly-fancied Newcastle Thunder, which fired Oldham into the Betfred Championship, will be streamed via YouTube at 7pm tomorrow (Friday, May 8), starting at 7pm.
To raise vital funds for the club during the coronavirus shut-down, fans can 'buy' a virtual match-day pie (£2), a pint (£3), tea (£1), coffee (£1), a programme (£3), sponsor a player for £10 or make a donation to the club, all via links on the Roughyeds' website.
"The idea is for fans to help us by spending the money they would normally spend at a home game," said chairman Chris Hamilton.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Oldham McDonald's had to shut due to huge queues yesterday
- 2Property on Windsor Road shot at in targeted incident
- 3Dovestone: 'no-go area' needs urgent funding
- 4WATCH: Police release CCTV footage after man was injured during terrifying armed burglary
- 5WATCH the footage: Witnesses sought following 'frightening' armed robbery