Clubs advised to pause training
Date published: 06 January 2021
The 2021 season is due to start on the last weekend in February
The Rugby League has advised all Betfred Championship and League 1 clubs, including Oldham, to pause pre-season training for the next two weeks because of the rapidly-spreading Covid virus.
The 2021 season is due to start on the last weekend in February, which is more than seven weeks away.
In the meantime, the RFL will have detailed discussions with clubs before the publication of fixtures, which will now be delayed, as will the draw for the first two rounds of the Challenge Cup.
Roughyeds are one of four Championship clubs that will figure in the first-round draw, together with the 10 League 1 clubs.
The RFL will make a further announcement later this month.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing email@example.com , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Investigation underway after man and woman stabbed inside a property in Oldham.
- 2Oldham Athletic's kick off time on Saturday moved, due to HRH Prince Philip's funeral.
- 3Man arrested after double stabbing in Oldham
- 4Emergency services called to 'serious incident' on Chadderton housing estate.
- 5Roughyeds pay tribute to one of their stars of the seventies