Access issue on the buses
Reporter: Lucy Kenderdine
Date published: 25 July 2017
MP Debbie Abrahams
RESIDENTS have been joined by a local MP in complaining about the "inaccessibility" of a replacement bus service for train users in Greenfield.
Debbie Abrahams, MP for Oldham East and Saddleworth, has written to Network Rail and Northern Rail to express her concern about the replacement bus service between Manchester Victoria and Stalybridge station - due to work at Ashton station - as it cannot carry wheelchairs, pushchairs, non-folding prams, bicycles or dogs.
Mrs Abrahams said: "The problem has been raised as an issue by constituents who use the line at Greenfield Station.
"I'm asking Network Rail to clarify what alternatives are in place if any of my constituents are not able to access these buses."
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1‘If you don’t act now we are looking at a lockdown’: 11th hour warning to residents ahead of...
- 2Oldham has the highest Covid-19 infection rate in the country
- 3Man arrested following 'utterly shocking' rape of a 14-year-old girl
- 4Why increased testing doesn’t explain fears over rising cases
- 5Revealed: which areas of Oldham have the highest coronavirus cases