Prime sites for business
Reporter: Lucy Kenderdine
Date published: 31 August 2017
LAND previously occupied by Park Road Warehouse
TWO new development sites on the edge of the town centre are being brought to market by Oldham Council.
The cleared site of the former Grade II listed Park Road Warehouse, at the junction of Park Road and Woodstock Street is available as a development opportunity.
The warehouse was demolished in 2011 and the site measures around 1.6 acres in size.
The second site is land to the rear of Alexandra Retail Park, bordered by Waterloo Street and Woodstock Street, which measures about 2.3 acres.
The retail park is owned by The Brookhouse Group who have recently invested heavily in refurbishing and improving the estate which is occupied by national companies including Matalan, Pure Gym, Home Bargains and Iceland.
Oldham Council leader Jean Stretton said: "These are key sites close to the town centre. The council has made substantial investment in recent years and our future plans to regenerate the town centre now make this a desirable location.
For further information visit www.oldham.gov.uk/info/200203/commercial_property/354/available_properties. To arrange a viewing of the properties email email@example.com or call 0161-770 1663. All offers should be submitted to the council before noon on Friday, September 29.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Conlon Construction begins work on futuristic climbing facility in Oldham
- 2Oldham teacher banned from classrooms for at least three years
- 3The end of an era beckons as Lol and Mag prepare to hang up their baking gloves
- 4As the darker nights draw in, GMP reminds residents to keep their homes light and locked
- 5Gang of women carry out Uppermill robbery