Couple’s terror trial begins
Date published: 28 October 2008
AN Oldham couple accused of publishing a pamphlet encouraging terrorism went on trial at Manchester Crown Court today.
Amjad Mahmood (29), and his wife Shella Roma (28), of Chester Street, Werneth, deny circulating a document telling others to go abroad to fight a jihad or holy war.
They allegedly designed and printed the pamphlets and distributed them outside a mosque in Oldham.
The couple, who have a baby, face joint charges of dissemination of terrorist publications and encouragement of terrorism.
The charges cover the period between October last year and January and were brought under the Terrorism Act 2006.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Farm shop staff 'intimidated' by travellers parked illegally on their land
- 2Angry residents seek action on late night fireworks and anti-social behaviour
- 3Free skips rolled out across Middleton estate in bid to cut down on fly-tipping
- 4Oldham MP salutes 'good news' as Latics reveal agreement which means re-opening of North Stand
- 5Popular brewery to open tap room in new premises