Egg-throw charges in gay village
Date published: 24 August 2009
TWO Chadderton men have been charged after eggs were thrown at members of the public in Manchester’s gay village.
Peter James Young (23), of Hardman Street, and Phillip Shepherd (25), of Derby Street, have been charged with a public order offence. Young was further accused of common assault. Young appeared before Manchester City Magistrates Court on Saturday while Shepherd will appear before the court on September 1.
The charges relate to an incident on Sackville Street, shortly after midnight on Thursday when two men in a Renault Clio threw eggs at members of the public, shouting homophobic abuse.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Ultimate Products announces purchase of Salter.com
- 2Shopkeeper fined after illegal tobacco seized
- 3Asthma sufferer endures ‘horrendous’ 10-hour A&E wait after falling ill and having breathing...
- 4Latics pounce for Windass, while Stobbs/Fondop extend stays
- 5Appeal for information/dash cam footage following fail to stop collision