Jodie’s hit the Good Times
Reporter: Dawn Marsden
Date published: 11 May 2010
Jodie Connor: riding high
SHAW singer Jodie Connor has spent a second week at Number One after beating off stiff competition from her chart rivals.
The 29-year-old features on Roll Deep’s hit “Good Times”, which held on to the top spot despite challenges from Plan B and Chipmunk.
Roll Deep is a London-based group of rappers and singers whose past members include Dizzee Rascal, Tinchy Stryder and Wiley.
Jodie shot to fame in 2003 after making it into the final 50 on TV talent show “Pop Idol”.
The songstress, who went to Saddleworth School and Oldham College, beat 20,000 hopefuls to reach the live shows but failed to clinch a top 10 spot.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Oldham trio remanded in custody over drug offences
- 2Man jailed for over two years after offering girls cash for sex
- 3New £35m development in Failsworth will create hundreds of jobs and homes
- 4Homeless-Friendly initiative hopes to aid those in need across Greater Manchester
- 5Paul Scholes accused of breaking football betting rules