Plucky pupils band together
Date published: 01 April 2011
CHILDREN from Whitegate End school perform in the 1,500-seat hall
YOUNGSTERS from two Oldham primary schools made sweet music when they performed at the Bridgewater Hall in Manchester.
The pupils from Whitegate End, in Chadderton and Horton Mill, in Oldham, played in a guitar session with 150 schoolchildren from across Greater Manchester and a small ensemble of professional musicians. The children are learning to play guitar through Wider Opportunities free lessons in school, paid for by Government, and have enjoyed workshops this term in which they have created and learned new compositions.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Boy appears to use meat cleaver during fight in Oldham
- 2Oldham Athletic dismiss claims of a lack of coaches and owner interference
- 3Government approves demolition of Oldham ‘eyesore’
- 4Two teenagers arrested in connection with Oldham fight
- 5Oldham Councillors considered plans for two controversial housing estates