Plucky pupils band together
Date published: 01 April 2011
CHILDREN from Whitegate End school perform in the 1,500-seat hall
YOUNGSTERS from two Oldham primary schools made sweet music when they performed at the Bridgewater Hall in Manchester.
The pupils from Whitegate End, in Chadderton and Horton Mill, in Oldham, played in a guitar session with 150 schoolchildren from across Greater Manchester and a small ensemble of professional musicians. The children are learning to play guitar through Wider Opportunities free lessons in school, paid for by Government, and have enjoyed workshops this term in which they have created and learned new compositions.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Oldham woman jailed for 2 years for benefit fraud.
- 2Oldham fish and chip restaurant rated one of the best in the region
- 3Oldham Councillor deselected for 2nd time
- 4Interserve wins £13m contract to create a ‘cultural gateway’ for Oldham with new Heritage & Arts...
- 5Oldham students travel to Rome to witness patron of school become a Saint