Roll up to the Lees fair
Date published: 21 July 2011
MP Debbie Abrahams will open the annual Lees Community Association Village Fair on Sunday.
Lees Brass Band will be performing at 11.45am and Debbie, the MP for Oldham East and Saddleworth, will open the fair at noon.
The fourth village fair is once again being held at Springhead Football Club’s ground, and this year there will be extra events and activities, including bands, a DJ and the Dazzling Diamonds Cheerleaders.
A ‘Scarecrow March’ will be taking place with a prize for the best one.
Another new feature is a selection of local businesses who will be selling items ranging from ice cream-scented cards, jewellery, chocolate, handmade kitchen items, and commemorative gifts.
The Integrated Youth Service will be on hand to help with the children’s games where there will be a penalty shoot, obstacle course and welly-chucking competitions, a baseball throw, circus skills tent and drawing competition.
For further information contact the secretary, Jenny Daubney on 0161 620 9098 or visit www.leesvillage.org.uk.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Oldham Leisure Centre staff member praised for 'quick action' in stabbing incident
- 2Temperance hall in Oldham to be demolished
- 3Oldham teacher nominated for ‘Teacher of the Year’ at the Educate Awards 2019
- 4Four teenagers seriously injured after stabbing at Oldham Leisure Centre
- 5Appeal for missing Manchester man