Roll up to the Lees fair
Date published: 21 July 2011
MP Debbie Abrahams will open the annual Lees Community Association Village Fair on Sunday.
Lees Brass Band will be performing at 11.45am and Debbie, the MP for Oldham East and Saddleworth, will open the fair at noon.
The fourth village fair is once again being held at Springhead Football Club’s ground, and this year there will be extra events and activities, including bands, a DJ and the Dazzling Diamonds Cheerleaders.
A ‘Scarecrow March’ will be taking place with a prize for the best one.
Another new feature is a selection of local businesses who will be selling items ranging from ice cream-scented cards, jewellery, chocolate, handmade kitchen items, and commemorative gifts.
The Integrated Youth Service will be on hand to help with the children’s games where there will be a penalty shoot, obstacle course and welly-chucking competitions, a baseball throw, circus skills tent and drawing competition.
For further information contact the secretary, Jenny Daubney on 0161 620 9098 or visit www.leesvillage.org.uk.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Covid breaches across Greater Manchester include weddings and "barber shops in garden sheds"
- 2Oldham thug jailed following 'appalling' unprovoked attack in Devon pub
- 3Moors drama as man seriously injured in fall
- 4New restaurant planned for former Squire Knott site
- 5Woman subjected to "shocking and traumatic" sexual assault in Royton Park