Folk love a fair as crowds flock
Date published: 26 July 2011
THE warm sun brought out record crowds for Lees Community Association Village Fair.
Organisers were celebrating after the numbers through the doors doubled on previous years as around 600 local people turned out to enjoy the day.
The fourth fair, opened at Springhead Football Club by Oldham East and Saddleworth MP Debbie Abrahams, began with a flourish from Lees Brass Band.
Secretary Jenny Daubney said: “It went absolutely fantastically.”
The fair raised £800-£1,000 to help pay for Christmas festivities in the village, she said.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Investigation underway after man and woman stabbed inside a property in Oldham.
- 2Oldham Athletic's kick off time on Saturday moved, due to HRH Prince Philip's funeral.
- 3Oldham child rapist sentenced to 18 years in jail after sexually abusing three young boys
- 4Council animation celebrates the re-opening of Oldham’s high streets and reminds residents to do...
- 5Roughyeds pay tribute to one of their stars of the seventies