Folk love a fair as crowds flock
Date published: 26 July 2011
THE warm sun brought out record crowds for Lees Community Association Village Fair.
Organisers were celebrating after the numbers through the doors doubled on previous years as around 600 local people turned out to enjoy the day.
The fourth fair, opened at Springhead Football Club by Oldham East and Saddleworth MP Debbie Abrahams, began with a flourish from Lees Brass Band.
Secretary Jenny Daubney said: “It went absolutely fantastically.”
The fair raised £800-£1,000 to help pay for Christmas festivities in the village, she said.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1‘If you don’t act now we are looking at a lockdown’: 11th hour warning to residents ahead of...
- 2Oldham has the highest Covid-19 infection rate in the country
- 3Man arrested following 'utterly shocking' rape of a 14-year-old girl
- 4Why increased testing doesn’t explain fears over rising cases
- 5Revealed: which areas of Oldham have the highest coronavirus cases