All aboard the Metro shuttle bus
Date published: 27 July 2012
OLDHAM circular . . . the new shuttle route
A FREE Metroshuttle bus service launches on Monday, to ferry tram passengers from Mumps to Oldham town centre.
Oldham Council and Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) have organised the service following criticism that passengers faced a long walk from the isolated tram stop.
The free service will be funded by the council and TfGM and will cover a circular trip every half hour. The bus will run seven days a week between 9.40am and 4pm. The route starts at Victoria Street — better known as the car-park and pick-up area next to the Metrolink stop.
See the map attached to this story.
METROLINK power lines between Oldham and Rochdale went live today.
Work is well under way on the line between Oldham Mumps and Rochdale Train Station, through Derker, Shaw and Crompton, Newhey, Milnrow and Kingsway.
Electrification puts the route’s opening later this year a step closer.
READ the full version of this story only in our print and eChron editions
Follow us on Twitter - @OldhamChronicle
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Police appeal after man shot in back, legs and buttocks flees from hospital
- 2Oldham braced for its first blast of wintery weather
- 39-year old Oldham schoolboy scoops one of the top honours in primary schools challenge
- 4Gun and drugs found after reports man is beaten in Saddleworth
- 5Heywood man who stabbed a man in the head and bit the nose off another jailed