Airline sorry for flight delay
Date published: 11 September 2012
United Airlines has apologised following complaints by Oldham East and Saddleworth MP Debbie Abrahams and other passengers on a flight hit by a 14-hour delay.
Mrs Abrahams was trying to get to her mother’s funeral in America when the flight was first delayed by a staff blunder, then by an engine problem.
The flight was due to leave Manchester Airport for Washington at mid day on Tuesday, After an 11-hour delay the flight was cancelled, leading to a flood of complaints over “terrible” service.
United Airlines has responded by saying: “United apologises for the inconvenience caused to our customers. We have reached out to the customers to offer compensation.”
Our web site carries selected and edited versions of stories available in full only in our nightly print and eChron editions.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Investigation underway after man and woman stabbed inside a property in Oldham.
- 2Oldham Athletic's kick off time on Saturday moved, due to HRH Prince Philip's funeral.
- 3Oldham child rapist sentenced to 18 years in jail after sexually abusing three young boys
- 4Council animation celebrates the re-opening of Oldham’s high streets and reminds residents to do...
- 5Roughyeds pay tribute to one of their stars of the seventies