Airline sorry for flight delay
Date published: 11 September 2012
United Airlines has apologised following complaints by Oldham East and Saddleworth MP Debbie Abrahams and other passengers on a flight hit by a 14-hour delay.
Mrs Abrahams was trying to get to her mother’s funeral in America when the flight was first delayed by a staff blunder, then by an engine problem.
The flight was due to leave Manchester Airport for Washington at mid day on Tuesday, After an 11-hour delay the flight was cancelled, leading to a flood of complaints over “terrible” service.
United Airlines has responded by saying: “United apologises for the inconvenience caused to our customers. We have reached out to the customers to offer compensation.”
Our web site carries selected and edited versions of stories available in full only in our nightly print and eChron editions.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Oldham children suffer at the hands of 'forgotten epidemic'
- 2Legend Royle's lifetime in football is recognised
- 3Woman taken to hospital after falling from bridge above M60 motorway
- 4Four teenagers seriously injured after stabbing at Oldham Leisure Centre
- 5Primary schools' action on traffic and pollution