Airline sorry for flight delay
Date published: 11 September 2012
United Airlines has apologised following complaints by Oldham East and Saddleworth MP Debbie Abrahams and other passengers on a flight hit by a 14-hour delay.
Mrs Abrahams was trying to get to her mother’s funeral in America when the flight was first delayed by a staff blunder, then by an engine problem.
The flight was due to leave Manchester Airport for Washington at mid day on Tuesday, After an 11-hour delay the flight was cancelled, leading to a flood of complaints over “terrible” service.
United Airlines has responded by saying: “United apologises for the inconvenience caused to our customers. We have reached out to the customers to offer compensation.”
Our web site carries selected and edited versions of stories available in full only in our nightly print and eChron editions.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Families move into new FCHO affordable housing development in Royton
- 2Teenage gang car-jack woman at knife-point in Oldham
- 3Oldham sees highest daily new cases since start of pandemic
- 4Saddleworth School accused of 'cover-ups' after pupil is left with slashed face
- 5Calls for ‘targeted’ curfews at venues in high infection areas